Thursday, June 9, 2011

how to snap out of it

I would generally sway from "snap out of it" but I think it can apply. I'm not talking mental instability, more in the lines of irritability. You can snap out of a bad mood and such. Sometimes I rather not but other times, okay, sure, I'll snap out of it. First, if you have children, just go hug them. You know that'll do it. So if you don't really want to snap out of it, don't hug them. But that will work damn near every time. Probably wise and ideal to hug your children a minimum of ten or fifteen times a day anyway, until they get too teenage/cool/grownup for that sort of thing. So the failsafe for "snapping out of it" - hug your children, tell them you love them. That simple.

Next, read Shel Silverstein. You can go with Peanuts or Calvin & Hobbes, but I'd stick with Shel. It's like saying Dylan or the Beatles. Can't really go wrong but I'd take Shel. I'm inadvertantly comparing Shel Silverstein with Bob Dylan and Charles Schultz / Bill Watterson with Lennon / McCartney. Not sure what that means. Probably nothing.

Another, do yoga. Find it on demand on your little digital cable box or youtube. Don't start with the beginner's stuff. If you're into yoga, fine and good and I'm all for yoga in all its various stages and methods. But for this purpose, go to advanced yoga. And turn on some loud music you don't especially care for. This only takes ten to fifteen minutes. You'll get into it and forget what all the fuss was about.

Get yourself some old television sets. I don't care where you get them from. I don't need to know that. Find some quick DIY articles/videos and make something out of them. Do the fish tank thing if you can't think of something more clever. The easier the project the better. Just sayin.

So there's some. I'll finish up this line of mumbles at a later time. I was in a pissed off mood earlier so I should go hug my children real quick...

No comments:

Post a Comment